A merger of faith communities from St. John, St. Columbkille, St. Joseph, and St. Ignatius.
If anyone emails or texts you claiming to be Fr. Nate asking for gift cards or money or errands, it’s identity theft- a hoax. Please say a prayer for the conversion of the imposter. If was an email, report it as “spam” or “phishing”. Forward the text message to the SPAM (7762) AND block the number on your phone. Thank you
Parish Office Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30am-3:30pm
Weekly Opportunities to Encounter Jesus: (check facebook page for cancellations)
- Daily Masses: Wednesdays 11:30am at St. John, Ubly; Thursdays 7:00pm at St. Columbkille, Sheridan Corners; Fridays 9:00am Mass at St. John, Ubly
- Eucharistic Adoration & Benediction: Fridays 9:30am – 11:00am at St. John, following 9:00am Mass (Adoration extends til 4:00pm on First Fridays)
- Individual Confessions: Wednesdays 11:00-11:25am at St. John; Thursdays after 7pm Mass at St. Columbkille; Saturdays 11:00-12:00pm at St. Columbkille
- Rosary: Sundays before 10:30am Mass at St. Columbkille
- Liturgy of the Hours: Night Prayer- Thursdays 7:30pm at St. Columbkille
- Church Open Hours for Private Prayer: (Office Hours) Mon.-Thurs. 8:30am-3:30pm at St. John, Ubly; Thursdays (unless 7pm Mass cancelled) 1:00pm to 8:00pm at St. Columbkille, Sheridan
If anyone is in great need of the Sacraments of Healing (including Reconciliation/Confession, and Anointing of the Sick), or if anyone is dying and in need of Final Holy Communion, please call the rectory 989-658-8145. Home Prayer Service (as alternative to Mass until you are able to return)
MISC. UPDATES (for other updates, follow our FACEBOOK page)
Re-opening Parishes in the Diocese of Saginaw
It will be done in phases. All parishes are receiving instructions from the Bishop on the specifics of each phase, and we’ll be getting this information out to parishioners gradually. The exact dates of when phases 2-4 may begin have not yet been determined. Please pray for our bishop and Office of Liturgy as they make plans.
PHASE ONE: Masses continue being live-streamed from the Cathedral (see saginaw.org) while parish leaders and staff members work to get information out to parishioners about new developments and what the next phases will look like. Baptisms for the time being must be private, with fewer than 10 people present. Weddings and funerals and burials may have a maximum of 10 people present. Social distancing must occur at all these events, and if possible, live-streamed for those who cannot attend. At these small gatherings those over 2 years old should wear masks, and no one with symptoms of illness should attend. Confessions and Anointings are permitted.
PHASE TWO: The celebration of public daily Masses may resume, with protocols to ensure limited and restricted attendance in keeping with distancing and safety protocols as presented by and following civil and health authorities.
PHASE THREE: The celebration of public Sunday Masses may resume, with limited and restricted attendance increasing over time, as presented by and following civil and health authorities. Even when Sunday Mass is available, the Faithful will remain dispensed from any obligation to attend Mass on Sunday because of the continuation of restricted attendance.
PHASE FOUR: The celebration of Sunday Masses at full capacity may resume, with a return to a state resembling Catholic life before the beginning of the pandemic.
Please follow these precautions to prevent infection (per diocesan medical advisor):
1. Face coverings required
2. Hand sanitizer on table by door
3. Don’t talk while in church
4. If necessary, use disinfectant wipes (provided in church) to wipe down any pews you might touch with your hands, etc.
If you visit a church, please pray for our parishioners’ prayer requests, for those suffering and deceased from Covid, for healthcare workers, etc. Thank you!
We continue to rely on your generous financial stewardship. You can:
1. mail in donations to 4470 N. Washington St. Ubly 48475
2. drop off at Office Tuesdays 8:30am-3:30pm
3. donate online: https://saginaw.org/donate
4. call office 658-8824 to setup recurring online donations via bank transfer
*During this difficult time where we do not have access to the grace of the sacraments, I invite you to watch in your home this powerful video study on the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. First, you need to register for FORMED: