A merger of faith communities from St. John, St. Columbkille, St. Joseph, and St. Ignatius.
Advent Parish Mission with Richard Lane
ALL (ages 3 to 93!) are invited to our Good Shepherd Advent Parish Mission, Nov. 28-Dec. 1. Catholic Evangelist Richard Lane, son of Lions football star Dick “Night Train” Lane, will give four different talks, with a morning option for Monday through Wednesday. No need to RSVP. Evangelize by inviting someone in need of encouragement and Good News! Dates/Locations:
- Sunday, Nov. 28: 6:15pm Adoration, 7pm Sunday Talk & Refreshments at St. Columbkille Church (Sheridan Corners)
- Monday: Morning Option: 9:30am Morning Prayer, 10:00am Monday Talk at St. John (Ubly) OR Evening Option: 6:15pm Mass, 7pm Monday Talk & Refreshments at St. Ignatius (Ubly/Frieburg)
- Tuesday: Morning Option: 9:30am Morning Prayer, 10:00am Tuesday Talk at St. John (Ubly) OR Evening Option: 6:15pm Mass, 7pm Tuesday Talk & Refreshments at St. Joseph (Argyle)
- Wednesday: Morning Option: 9:30am Morning Prayer, 10:00am Wednesday Talk, 11:30am Mass at St. John (Ubly) OR Evening Option: *7:30pm (not 7pm) Wednesday Talk & Refreshments at St. John (Ubly)
Man of the Shroud Exhibit
You’re invited to an up close experience of the most studied artifact of all time – The Shroud of Turin, in a traveling exhibit hosted by Ubly/Sheridan Knights of Columbus Council #12850. Witness this powerful display of the history, science and mystery behind what many believe to be the burial cloth of Jesus Christ. Then you can ask YOURSELF – Who is this Man of The Shroud? COST? Free!
WHERE? Good Shepherd Parish Center, 1935 Hamilton St., Ubly, behind St. John Church parking lot.
WHEN? Saturday, November 27, 5pm-7pm
Sunday, November 28, 4pm-8pm
Monday, November 29, 4pm-8pm
Tuesday, November 30, 4pm-6:30pm
Donating Part of Your IRA’s Required Minimum Distribution
Can Benefit You and Your Parish
If you have a traditional IRA – and if you are 72 years old or older — you are required to take a Required Minimum Distribution. If you donate all or part of that distribution to a qualified non-profit 501(c)(3), such as Good Shepherd Parish or the Catholic Diocese of Saginaw, you will avoid paying income tax on your distribution. The charity to which you are making the donation also will not pay taxes on your gift.
If you opt to make this type of gift, which is known as a Qualified Charitable Contribution, you must arrange for a direct rollover to a qualified charitable organization. You only need to give the IRA administrator the information about the charitable organization and how much you’d like to donate.
IRAs that are eligible for Qualified Charitable Contributions include: Traditional, Rollover, Inherited and some SEP (Simplified Employee Pension)
In order to get the tax benefits of a Qualified Charitable Contribution, the charitable organization must receive the donation by December 31. Processing this type of gift may take a few days, so it is beneficial to start the process as soon as possible.
Roth IRA owners also can utilize Qualified Charitable Contribution, but they will not see any tax benefit in doing so, as their distributions are already tax-free.
Any questions? Please contact:
Geri Rudolf, Stewardship and Development Coordinator at the Diocese of Saginaw, 989-797-6679
If anyone emails or texts you claiming to be Fr. Nate asking for gift cards or money or errands, it’s identity theft- a hoax. Please say a prayer for the conversion of the imposter. If was an email, report it as “spam” or “phishing”. Forward the text message to the SPAM (7762) AND block the number on your phone. Thank you
Parish Office Hours: Monday – Thursday 8:30am-3:30pm
Saturday 5:00pm Mass (4:00pm during fall-winter daylight savings time)
St. John, Ubly
4470 N Washington St
Ubly, Michigan 48475
Sunday 8:30am Mass
St. Joseph, Argyle (10 miles South of Ubly)
4960 N. Ubly Rd.
Argyle, Michigan 48410
Sunday 10:30am Mass
St. Columbkille, Sheridan Corners (8 miles West of Ubly)
3031 McAlpin Rd.
Ubly, Michigan 48413
Daily Masses (check facebook for cancellations):
- Wednesdays 11:30am at St. John, Ubly
- Thursdays 7:00pm at St. Columbkille, Sheridan Corners
- Fridays 9:00am Mass at St. John, Ubly
Other Opportunities to Encounter Jesus:
- Eucharistic Adoration & Benediction: Fridays 9:30am – 11:00am at St. John, following 9:00am Mass (Adoration extends until 4:00pm on First Fridays)
- Individual Confessions: Wednesdays 11:00-11:25am at St. John; Thursdays after 7pm Mass at St. Columbkille; Saturdays 4:15pm at St. John
- Rosary: Sundays before Masses
- Liturgy of the Hours (Lent & Advent): Night Prayer- Thursdays 7:30pm at St. Columbkille
- Church Open Hours for Visiting the Blessed Sacrament: (Office Hours) Mon.-Thurs. 8:30am-3:30pm at St. John, Ubly; Thursdays (unless 7pm Mass cancelled) 1:00pm to 8:00pm at St. Columbkille, Sheridan
If anyone is in great need of the Sacraments of Healing (including Reconciliation/Confession, and Anointing of the Sick), or if anyone is dying and in need of the “last rites” (Confession, Anointing, Viaticum- Final Holy Communion), please call the rectory 989-658-8145
MISC. UPDATES (for other updates, follow our FACEBOOK page)
COVID-19 PROTOCOLS UPDATE
From Bishop Gruss:
Following the latest CDC the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services recommendation, the Diocese of Saginaw is adjusting its COVID-19 protocols.
Effective immediately, the wearing of masks in liturgical celebrations will be optional for those people who have been vaccinated and are 14 days beyond their last shot. People who have not been vaccinated should continue to wear masks. There will be a more complete update on Diocesan COVID protocols provided next week.
We should remember we have not yet fully emerged from the pandemic and the need for vigilance still exists. Other mitigation practices such as washing hands, staying home when sick, and social distancing when appropriate remain important.
Let us all – whether vaccinated or not – show consideration and charity for each other, so that all members of the Body of Christ feel welcome at the Mass and all parish events.
We continue to rely on your generous financial stewardship. You can:
1. mail in donations to 4470 N. Washington St. Ubly 48475
2. drop off at Office Tuesdays 8:30am-3:30pm
3. donate online: https://saginaw.org/donate
4. call office 658-8824 to setup recurring online donations via bank transfer
*During this difficult time where we do not have access to the grace of the sacraments, I invite you to watch in your home this powerful video study on the Real Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. First, you need to register for FORMED: